All of these blurb and headlines -- and I wrote them all except for "Man of mystery" in the Sporting News Exclusives -- are fairly direct and to the point. I thought the top story would sell itself -- people want to know whether their college football team will be better -- so I thought it best just to explain what they'll see if they click. Bethlehem Shoals, featured in the top story right, can write some fairly high-minded NBA columns that are difficult to explain in a brief blurb. I just tried to let readers know the question he was asking in the column, as well as the evidence he would use to support his opinion.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Basic but effective
All of these blurb and headlines -- and I wrote them all except for "Man of mystery" in the Sporting News Exclusives -- are fairly direct and to the point. I thought the top story would sell itself -- people want to know whether their college football team will be better -- so I thought it best just to explain what they'll see if they click. Bethlehem Shoals, featured in the top story right, can write some fairly high-minded NBA columns that are difficult to explain in a brief blurb. I just tried to let readers know the question he was asking in the column, as well as the evidence he would use to support his opinion.
