I included this screen grab more for the top story right than the main top story, which is pretty straightforward. The TSR headline combines my loves of literary references and alliteration. As for the photo, Calvin Borel, who was going for a jockey's triple crown at the Belmont, had been on the page for a while, and we wanted to change up the art. I had to take someone fairly anonymous -- in this case, a trainer for another Belmont horse -- and make people care about him -- in this instance, by turning him into something of a villain who was trying to prevent Borel from accomplishing his feat.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Getting Shakespearean on the home page
I included this screen grab more for the top story right than the main top story, which is pretty straightforward. The TSR headline combines my loves of literary references and alliteration. As for the photo, Calvin Borel, who was going for a jockey's triple crown at the Belmont, had been on the page for a while, and we wanted to change up the art. I had to take someone fairly anonymous -- in this case, a trainer for another Belmont horse -- and make people care about him -- in this instance, by turning him into something of a villain who was trying to prevent Borel from accomplishing his feat.
